Membership is open to anyone who supports our Bridges Objectives & Philosophy. Membership is an annual fee on a sliding scale of $5 to $20. We invite you to call us at 250-385-7410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for membership, to volunteer, donate or to provide sponsorship.
Bridges Objectives & Philosophy:
- to provide women survivors of any form of abuse with education, training and other supportive programs which will help them break the abusive cycle.
- to share information on the needs of women who have a history of abuse with other service organizations and the general public
- to help women break the abusive cycle by developing skills which will enable them to move from dependence and reactiveness to independence and self-direction
- to increase their employability and overcome barriers to employment
- Bridges is committed to designing services and programs reflecting:
- a non-judgmental learning environment
- an honouring of the individual learning process
- the application of adult learning and feminist, person-centered principles to counselling and facilitation
- an awareness of boundaries and personal biases
Your membership will include:
- the satisfaction of helping women
- a voice that says "no to violence!"
- a subscription to the Bridges Newsletter
- invitation to Bridges special events
- a vote at our Annual General Meeting