On March 6th, 2020, Bridges for Women Society hosted the 10th Annual International Women’s Day Luncheon. Taking place at the beautiful Delta Ocean Pointe Resort in Victoria, BC, we welcomed over 230 members of our community for a delicious lunch, networking, and inspiring keynote speakers.
Our keynote speakers were powerful women whose work explores the role of art and creativity in nurturing personal growth, revitalizing culture, and building community:
- Frazey Ford, celebrated singer-songwriter and actor from Vancouver
- Lindsay Delaronde, Victoria’s inaugural Indigenous Artist in Residence and practicing professional artist
- Dr. Darlene Clover, University of Victoria professor whose research focuses on arts, women’s political education, and social activism
- Tiffany Joseph, Bridges graduate and storyteller engaged in W̱SÁNEĆ cultural and ecological revitalization
- Diane Gilliland, former Bridges counsellor and member of the Victoria Storytellers Guild
We are so grateful for another year of support from Robin Farrell from Ocean 98.5 as our fearless MC.
All proceeds from the event directly support women impacted by violence and trauma by sustaining the healing, education, and employment programs offered by Bridges for Women. These programs are essential for ending the cycles of violence, poverty and isolation for women in Greater Victoria and across BC.