You do not need a referral to apply or ask about our programs. Please contact our office at (250) 385-7410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about what program will work for you. We aim to respond to all inquiries within three business days.
Who can apply?
Our programs are open to all women (transgender and cisgender), non-binary, and two-spirit people who identify as part of the women’s community and who have been impacted by violence or trauma at any time in their lives. To get the most out of our programs, women are individually assessed and need to:
- be out of crisis
- be out of an abusive relationship and not be actively engaged in crisis level disputes with abuser(s)
- have taken any necessary legal steps to ensure safety (restraining order, peace bond)
- have safe living conditions
- have children settled in school/daycare
- if alcohol or drugs have been a problem for you, have the motivation and supports to abstain from substance use during your time in our program, and have managed to abstain from substance use for several months prior to starting the program
- and have clear motivation for change, learning, employment, volunteering or education